Pull those family photos out of the boxes or off your computer, and make some art! In this class, we’ll collage copies of your favorite images onto art papers of your choice. We’ll add a new layer of meaning to the photos by pairing them with words captured in a translucent “gel skin.” You’ll take home a personal, handmade collage you can display in your home. All levels welcome!
- Two to four high-contrast images of a relative/relatives, to be photocopied at NAAM:
- Choose a photo with lots of “white space”/negative space
- If printing or photocopying a photo, create image that is 7” to 8” tall or wide
- Magazine images or junk mail that have colors or patterns you like
- Optional: embossing heat tool or craft heat gun